In the early 90’s WIPRO set up its campus in Sarjapur, catapulting the hitherto inconspicuous, remote village on the outskirts of Bangalore onto the Corporate map! The area began to develop slowly at first, largely due to the availability of large land parcels at relatively low prices, that attracted other IT companies to the area. With the completion on the Outer Ring Road in the late 90’s, that attraction multiplied as connectivity to the city improved drastically and IT companies began to invest in Tech Parks and Corporate offices in a big way. Sarjapur experienced a boom in real-estate activity that has only intensified over the last decade, turning what was once a sleepy, forgotten village into a highly sought after commercial and residential location.
As a parent with a child that attends school in the area, I am an eye-witness to the plethora of commercial and residential development taking place in the area! It is incredible and exciting!
Here are 5 reasons to invest in a property in Sarjapur today.
- Location – Sarjapur is now an IT Hub, with giants like Wipro, HP, Cisco, and Accenture setting up Corporate headquarters there. Several other top multinationals are also based in and around the Outer Ring Road, all the way from Whitefield to Electronic City. For the thousands of employees who work in these companies, living close to work is an added benefit in a city with traffic congestion like Bangalore suffers.
- Housing options for every budget – Sarjapur now offers real estate in every price range – from affordable 1 and 2 BHK apartments for young couples and small families, to premium properties – apartments and villas in gated communities for larger ones. Many popular developers are active in the area – Mantri Group, Prestige Group, Ozone Developers, Vaswani Developers, Brigade Group among others.
- Rapidly developing infrastructure – Sarjapur is now blossoming from a small village into a full-fledged town. While residents had to depend on facilities in and around the Outer Ring Road before, there are now several options within Sarjapur itself in terms of retail outlets, malls, hospitals, schools, and banks. This makes it very convenient for residents already living there and those planning to invest in a home in the area. There is also a large impetus toward improving and widening roads in the area to reduce traffic congestion along the route and improve connectivity.
- Educational hub – Sarjapur offers a veritable smorgasbord of some of the best schools in Bangalore and indeed in India. Highly sought after schools like Indus International, The Bangalore International School, Greenwood High, Inventure Academy, Global Indian, Gear and many more, are all located here, making it an excellent choice for families with children. The proximity to schools means a significant decrease in traveling time which adds to the area’s appeal.
- Upcoming metro and planned future development– In the future, in the third phase of the Metro project, there are plans to connect Yelahanka in the north to Sarjapur in the south-east. This will significantly improve connectivity to the Airport; whereas the planned Peripheral Ring Road to connect the key arterial roads of Bellary Road, Old Madras Road, Hosur Road and Sarjapur Road with Tumkur Road along with improved connectivity through the NICE Corridor will also provide further impetus to development in this region.
Given the reasons above, it is easy to see why Sarjapur is one of the fastest developing and most sought after localities in Bangalore. Investors in Sarjapur property can look forward to steadily increasing capital values and rental returns every year.