Akshay Tritiya, also called Akha Teej is considered to be one of the most auspicious days in India. Celebrated on the third day of Vaishakha, this year Akshay Tritiya falls on the 7th of May. It is said to be the day when Kubera, the custodian of Goddess Laxmi’s wealth and property, received his position. ‘Akshaya’ means everlasting and this day is one of new beginnings and new possessions. It is believed that any new venture or purchase done on this day will grow and prosper forever. As a result, Akha Teej witnesses a spurt of marriages, property and gold purchase, and start of new jobs and businesses.
If you have been eyeing a property, here are some of the reasons to close the purchase this Akshay Tritiya.
- Get your heart’s desire: Buying property is a big decision – financially and emotionally. When you invest your hard earned money in getting the property you have been dreaming of, you’d like to make it as fool proof as possible. Why not take advantage of the stars’ alignment and make sure your investment prospers.
- Make the best of the “aboojh mahurat”: If shubh mahurat’s or auspicious times during a day are important to you, there is no better day than Akshay Tritiya. This is a day of the rare aboojh mahurat, which means there is no need to find a mahurat for this day, as the whole day is sacred and favourable.
- Avail the special offers: Many developers offer special rates, discounts, freebies, and payment plan schemes on this occasion. It’s a good time to avail these offers and get your home in a lucrative deal. However, don’t forget to compare the offers with regular prices and ensure there are no hidden costs. Also make sure you check for all approvals and documentation and don’t just buy basis the offer.
- The market is favourable: Several positive developments have happened in the past few years and the time is now ripe to invest in the market. With the developers looking to offload inventory, you may be able to get some good deals at low price points.
- Get the benefit of reduced GST rates: From 1st April 2019, GST rates have gone down to 5% from the earlier 12% for under construction buildings and from 8% to 1% for the affordable housing sector. This Akshay Tritiya is the perfect time to capitalize on this benefit.
- Get the tax benefits: This is also the right time to leverage the several SOPs in the Union Budget 2019 for the homebuyer specifically for capital gains, rental income, and notional income for the second-home buyer.
- Affordable housing: The affordable housing segment has really picked up in the last few years. Several government incentives and lucrative interest rates make it a great option to invest in. This Akshay Tritiya you have some great projects to pick from.
As the stars and markets align in your favour, it’s time to go ahead and seal the deal on your dream property. Head over to Zaasna and check out some amazing projects that could be your home soon.